Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Birthday Dinner

The Daddy-o's birthday was Monday, and he requested Spaghetti with Italian Sausage for his birthday dinner. And then I forced him to add green vegetables. He finally agreed to salad (including home-grown tomatoes) and green beans (also from our garden)cooked Southern-style, that is, cooked for a really, really long time with bacon and onions! I added cream cheese stuffed mushrooms on a whim and thought the resulting meal was rather lovely:

 


I also made his favorite dessert: chocolate pie. I had to call my mom-in-law for the recipe, which reminds me yet again that I need to organize all the recipe cards, magazine clippings and random scraps of paper with scribbled recipes! While very tasty, the results were not very pretty, as you can see. Let's just say I need to work on my meringue. A lot.

 


That's the latest from my farm kitchen table! Stay tuned for more food photos and a few favorite recipes- the weather has turned a bit cooler and I'm in the mood to bake!

KM

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. KM - stumbled across your blog when I saw that you had a photo next to your name in my "approved blog readers" column. So glad to see what you guys are doing. I often ask for updates from your Memphis relatives. What a different world! I will be checking back often. And happy birthday to Curt!

    ReplyDelete