Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Easing Back In to Blogging

Starting back to blogging poses some of the same challenges for me that starting in the first place did. OK, so I don't have to worry about the naming part, but I am fighting the pressure to come back to it with a bang instead of just jumping in and getting going with a little spark.

The changing leaves are amazing right now. I could show you a picture, but we currently have two non-functioning cameras right now- one with over-exposure issues, the other totally kaput since a certain someone in the family dropped it. I'll give you a hint: it was a she and it's not me.

I am assessing my farm and garden successes and failures for the year. The big failure is that, for a number of reasons, I didn't get as much of the harvest preserved as I wanted. I am trying to keep guilt feelings at bay for all the produce that went to waste. Though not completely to waste as much of it became chicken food and the rest still adds organic matter back to the garden. Of course, that which merged into the chicken food cycle is contributing nicely to egg production. I know have a regular set of customers at our homeschool park day each week. This (the third week) will be a sell-out! Yay, a success!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the egg success! That is great. Don't forget you're doing at least two full time jobs with homeschooling 3 kids and farming!! I'm utterly impressed at what you've accomplished, for one! Take care, KM, and I love the updates!
    MG

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all physics, K.

    Objects in motion tend to stay in motion. (And it's difficult to change their course.) Good luck with the blogging. I like to read your updates.


    It is rather difficult to forgive any child that drops a camera. I know. Peace to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately the converse of that physics law is also true. Objects at rest tend to stay at rest.

    Yay for happy, well fed, productive chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the physics analogies are amusing me.

    sorry to hear abt the camera issues. no fun.

    enjoy your posts though! (and still love your banner). :D

    ReplyDelete