Friday, March 20, 2009

Meet Ellie

 
Spring is bringing all sorts of newness to our farm! This is our new Jersey heifer, Ellie.

 
She will be 1 year old in April. She will be our family milk cow eventually, but it will be a couple years.


 
So with adding 27 chicks, a goat and a cow in the past month, things are pretty busy around here. Not to mention the problems with our dogs roaming too far and bothering neighbors. I keep forgetting to build time into my schedule for re-securing escaped animals...

And then there's one of my favorite pastimes- gardening! It has been a bit neglected with everything else going on, but we aren't too far behind yet!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Ellie is so pretty! I love the eye "patches".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of your cow, she is soooo pretty! I can relate to being so busy right now, yet wanting to document it all! We just started a blog, (yesterday) hopefully will add pics tomorrow and start recording what we've done this spring so far...it's all so exciting! I love the blog title pic, how ever did you do that? I suppose i'll figure it out down the road! our blog is petalsandvines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh be still my heart! she is so pretty. I dream of having my own little jersey. Sigh. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete