Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sick Days

Greetings from the land of the puny children! We seem to have had one little thing or another taxing our immune systems here this week. And to qualify myself for the Bad Mother of the Year Award, let me just say, if they're going to be sick, can't they just feel bad enough to be still and quiet and sleep? Instead we've had just enough symptoms to keep us home and away from social contact. And grumpy. Did I mention grumpy? The kids have been a little out of sorts, too. ;)

I've been the healthy holdout so far. Although I am sure it is certain doom to acknowledge that fact. The three kids have each had different symptoms, all spaced out just enough to where you think things are back to normal before someone else goes down. And Curt has had the good fortune to get a little bit of each ailment. That or he is a hypochondriac. But don't tell him I said that. We're just starting to be nice to each other again.

A benefit to all this, though, is that my calendar, which was fairly full this week, got weeded out considerably. And though extra laundry (yes, Eli was *that* kind of sick) and caretaking has called for much of the newly-available time, I have also managed to catch up on some of my neglected to-do list and fit in a little time for catching up on email, phone calls and now, a long-overdue blog post.

In our downtime we've enjoyed lots of board games, some play dough creativity that left my floor a disgrace, and a fair amount of read-aloud. There has been room rearranging and closet cleaning tucked in there, too. All in all, not a bad week.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Keely I hope you are all healthy soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everyone is healthy now. My, what a busy week. Like a blessing in a twisted disguise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope everyone's feeling better!

    ReplyDelete